Google has distributed a test version of its new mapping app for Apple's iPhones and is getting ready to submit for approval to the Apple iTunes store.
Google has distributed a test version of its new mapping app that will work on Apple's iPhones to some individuals outside the company, said a person with direct knowledge of the matter. Google has been putting the finishing touches on the app before submitting it for approval to the Apple iTunes store, this person said, though it's unclear exactly when that will happen.
If Google's new mapping app is accepted into the iTunes store, it will directly compete against Apple's new mapping software that is preinstalled on its mobile devices.
An Apple spokesman said the company doesn't comment on apps that haven't been submitted for approval. Apple has recently approved some new or updated Google apps.
A Google spokesman said, "We believe Google Maps are the most comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps in the world. Our goal is to make Google Maps available to everyone who wants to use it, regardless of device, browser, or operating system."
- 1Dollar Heads for Longest Rally Since 1967 on Divergence
- 1'Hundreds of thousands' of orders placed for Alibaba in debut: NYSE
- 1Stocks Rise as Investors Await Alibaba to Begin Trading
- 1Alibaba Indicated to Open Higher After Record U.S. IPO
- 1Cantor: â€˜Buyâ€™ Alibaba shares after IPO
- 1Markets rally as Scotland votes to stay | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Yellen says poor Americans live in â€˜soberingâ€™ conditions
- 2Pound rises to two-year high against euro
- 2Pound 2-Year High Shows Bets Scotland Votes â€˜Noâ€™
- 2U.S. Stocks Climb on Fed Optimism, Lower Jobless Claims
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen