As the market continues to make new highs, we wanted to look at the 10 most overbought names in the S&P 500 based on our proprietary countertrend.
As many of you know, we have been pretty constructive on the market, and in my last few columns, on Jan. 8 , Jan. 23 and Feb. 4 , respectfully, said that the S&P 500 (SPY) was not extended based on our proprietary countertrend reading.
You may recall from our last column we showed the most overbought markets in the last 18 years based on our countertrend measure. Currently we are at a reading of -.63 on our countertrend reading, below are the six most overbought markets in the last 18 years and how they performed 30 days later.
- 1Dollar Heads for Longest Rally Since 1967 on Divergence
- 1'Hundreds of thousands' of orders placed for Alibaba in debut: NYSE
- 1Stocks Rise as Investors Await Alibaba to Begin Trading
- 1Alibaba Indicated to Open Higher After Record U.S. IPO
- 1Cantor: â€˜Buyâ€™ Alibaba shares after IPO
- 1Markets rally as Scotland votes to stay | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Yellen says poor Americans live in â€˜soberingâ€™ conditions
- 2Pound rises to two-year high against euro
- 2Pound 2-Year High Shows Bets Scotland Votes â€˜Noâ€™
- 2U.S. Stocks Climb on Fed Optimism, Lower Jobless Claims
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen