As the market continues to make new highs, we wanted to look at the 10 most overbought names in the S&P 500 based on our proprietary countertrend.
As many of you know, we have been pretty constructive on the market, and in my last few columns, on Jan. 8 , Jan. 23 and Feb. 4 , respectfully, said that the S&P 500 (SPY) was not extended based on our proprietary countertrend reading.
You may recall from our last column we showed the most overbought markets in the last 18 years based on our countertrend measure. Currently we are at a reading of -.63 on our countertrend reading, below are the six most overbought markets in the last 18 years and how they performed 30 days later.
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 1U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 1U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 1U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 1Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Stocks Extend Six-Year High as Yen Weakens; Bunds Decline
- 2ECB holds rates, looks at back door measure to loosen policy | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen