Forexsq - Hurricane Sandy, on track to disrupt the lives of as many as 60 million people, shut schools and governments from Virginia to Massachusetts today, halted travel, prevented U.S. stock markets from opening and upended the presidential campaign.
â€śThe time for preparing and talking is about over,â€ť said Craig Fugate, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Sandy â€śis going to produce very high, potentially life- threatening, storm surge.â€ť
The hurricane is predicted to make landfall late today in southern New Jersey, then turn inland, according to an advisory from the National Hurricane Center in Miami. Sandy is expected to converge with two other systems, creating a phenomenon the National Weather Service has dubbed Frankenstorm.
Sandy packed maximum sustained winds of 85 miles (140 kilometers) per hour, up from 75 mph earlier, the center said at 5 a.m. New York time. The stormâ€™s eye was about 285 miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, and about 385 miles south- southeast of New York, moving north at 15 mph. It is not expected to weaken before landfall, the center said.
- 4U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 4U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 4U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 4U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 4Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 4U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 4Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
- 4EU Leaders Seek Coordinated Response to Russia: Video
- 4Crimea votes to join Russia, accelerating Ukraine crisis
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen