forexsq - European stocks declined, snapping four days of gains, as European leaders set a goal of regulating all 6,000 euro-area banks by the beginning of 2014. U.S. index futures were little changed, while Asian stocks fell.
Aggreko Plc (AGK) fell 6 percent after it said bad debt would impact full-year results.
The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell 0.2 percent to 275.57 at 8:06 a.m. in London. The gauge is still headed for a weekly gain of 2.3 percent, its biggest rise since June. The Stoxx 600 has rallied 18 percent from this yearâ€™s low on June 4 as European Central Bank policy makers agreed on an unlimited bond-purchase program and the Federal Reserve announced a third round of quantitative easing. Standard & Poorâ€™s 500 Index futures were little changed, while the MSCI Asia Pacific Index fell 0.2 percent.
- 2Chicago PMI drops sharply in July
- 2U.S. Could Move to Sanction Russia Derivatives, Short-Term Funds
- 2U.S. Stocks Slide as Exxon, Whole Foods Fall on Results
- 2U.S. jobless claims up, wage growth starting to push higher | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. in Past Month Drop to Eight-Year Low
- 3Stock market live blog: Dow erases gain, but S&P still up; Fed statement fears get the blame
- 2Economy in U.S. Grows More Than Forecast
- 2Treasuries Drop, Metals Rise After GDP; Stocks Pare Gains
- 2Dollar Rises to 4-Month High as U.S. GDP Tops Forecasts
- 2ADP Says Companies in U.S. Boosted Payrolls by 218,000
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf japan obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen