Continued worries over the so-called â€˜fiscal cliffâ€™ in the U.S. hampered sentiment across European bourses on Wednesday, with shares of banks and oil firms adding the most pressure.
The Stoxx Europe 600 index XX:SXXP -0.23% dropped 0.4% to 269.52, erasing a 0.4% gain from Tuesday.
- 1Why one economist says no recession until at least 2016
- 1Pound rises against the dollar after U.K. GDP data
- 1Pound Halts Three-Day Drop as U.K. Growth Meets Estimates
- 1Deutsche Bank Said to Have Passed ECB Stress Test
- 1Amazon CEO Bezos Faces Season of Worsts as Losses Mount
- 2U.S. Stocks Extend Rally on Earnings; Dollar Declines
- 2Fedâ€™s $4 Trillion Holdings to Boost Growth Beyond End of QE
- 2ECB Set to Fail 25 Banks in Review, Draft Document Shows
- 3Gold Rises From 1-Week Low as Investors Assess Economy
- 3Wall St. little changed as Microsoft offsets Amazon
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound s&p 500 spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen