forexsq - European stock markets inched lower in early action on Friday, as investors eyed the second day of a two-day European summit, while weak U.S. tech earnings weighed on sentiment.
The Stoxx Europe 600 index XX:SXXP -0.24% slipped 0.2% to 275.67, after reaching the highest level since June 2011 the prior day.
Aggreko PLC UK:AGK -6.82% posted the biggest drop in the index, off 6.6%, after it said exchange-rate movements and increased bad-debt provisions likely will hurt full-year profit by 2.5%.
Elsewhere, developments in Brussels were in the spotlight for a second day, as European leaders prepared for the second day of talks at the European Councilâ€™s summit.
The council wrapped up the first meeting Thursday night and said it has set a deadline of Jan. 1 to agree on a legislative framework for a single supervisory mechanism.
- 2Why one economist says no recession until at least 2016
- 2Pound rises against the dollar after U.K. GDP data
- 2Pound Halts Three-Day Drop as U.K. Growth Meets Estimates
- 2Deutsche Bank Said to Have Passed ECB Stress Test
- 2Amazon CEO Bezos Faces Season of Worsts as Losses Mount
- 3U.S. Stocks Extend Rally on Earnings; Dollar Declines
- 3Fedâ€™s $4 Trillion Holdings to Boost Growth Beyond End of QE
- 3ECB Set to Fail 25 Banks in Review, Draft Document Shows
- 4Gold Rises From 1-Week Low as Investors Assess Economy
- 3Wall St. little changed as Microsoft offsets Amazon
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound s&p 500 spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen