forexsq - European stock markets inched lower in early action on Friday, as investors eyed the second day of a two-day European summit, while weak U.S. tech earnings weighed on sentiment.
The Stoxx Europe 600 index XX:SXXP -0.24% slipped 0.2% to 275.67, after reaching the highest level since June 2011 the prior day.
Aggreko PLC UK:AGK -6.82% posted the biggest drop in the index, off 6.6%, after it said exchange-rate movements and increased bad-debt provisions likely will hurt full-year profit by 2.5%.
Elsewhere, developments in Brussels were in the spotlight for a second day, as European leaders prepared for the second day of talks at the European Councilâ€™s summit.
The council wrapped up the first meeting Thursday night and said it has set a deadline of Jan. 1 to agree on a legislative framework for a single supervisory mechanism.
- 1Dollar climbs against yen, pound
- 1Apple Probes Report ICloud Was Hacked to Gain Stars privet photos
- 1U.S. Stocks Fluctuate Near Record Before Factory Data
- 1Dollar General sweetens Family Dollar bid, may go hostile
- 1Dollar Gains to 7-Month High on Outlook for U.S. Economy | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Putinâ€™s Money Beats Sanctions in Russian Bank Bond Market
- 3European Bonds Rise on Factory Data; Ruble at Record Low
- 3Dollar rises slightly against yen, euro with investors on pause
- 3Euro Touches One-Year Low Versus Dollar | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen