forexsq - European stock markets inched lower in early action on Friday, as investors eyed the second day of a two-day European summit, while weak U.S. tech earnings weighed on sentiment.
The Stoxx Europe 600 index XX:SXXP -0.24% slipped 0.2% to 275.67, after reaching the highest level since June 2011 the prior day.
Aggreko PLC UK:AGK -6.82% posted the biggest drop in the index, off 6.6%, after it said exchange-rate movements and increased bad-debt provisions likely will hurt full-year profit by 2.5%.
Elsewhere, developments in Brussels were in the spotlight for a second day, as European leaders prepared for the second day of talks at the European Councilâ€™s summit.
The council wrapped up the first meeting Thursday night and said it has set a deadline of Jan. 1 to agree on a legislative framework for a single supervisory mechanism.
- 1Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 1Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 1Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 1Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4â€˜I Think Iâ€™m Going to Die,â€™ Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen