The number of people out of work in the UK has continued to decline.
Unemployment fell by 49,000 to 2.51 million in the three months to September, taking the jobless rate down to 7.8% from 7.9%.
The ONS said almost all the 49,000 fall was due to a decline in youth unemployment. But the number of 16-24-year olds unemployed is 963,000.
The unemployment level is now 110,000 lower than for the same period last year.
- 2Why one economist says no recession until at least 2016
- 2Pound rises against the dollar after U.K. GDP data
- 2Pound Halts Three-Day Drop as U.K. Growth Meets Estimates
- 2Deutsche Bank Said to Have Passed ECB Stress Test
- 2Amazon CEO Bezos Faces Season of Worsts as Losses Mount
- 3U.S. Stocks Extend Rally on Earnings; Dollar Declines
- 3Fedâ€™s $4 Trillion Holdings to Boost Growth Beyond End of QE
- 3ECB Set to Fail 25 Banks in Review, Draft Document Shows
- 4Gold Rises From 1-Week Low as Investors Assess Economy
- 3Wall St. little changed as Microsoft offsets Amazon
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound s&p 500 spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen