The number of people out of work in the UK has continued to decline.
Unemployment fell by 49,000 to 2.51 million in the three months to September, taking the jobless rate down to 7.8% from 7.9%.
The ONS said almost all the 49,000 fall was due to a decline in youth unemployment. But the number of 16-24-year olds unemployed is 963,000.
The unemployment level is now 110,000 lower than for the same period last year.
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 1U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 1U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 1U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 1Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Stocks Extend Six-Year High as Yen Weakens; Bunds Decline
- 2ECB holds rates, looks at back door measure to loosen policy | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen