Though shoppers have been grousing for the past couple of years about how Black Friday keeps creeping into Thanksgiving Day, itâs shareholders who are giving Target grief over the decision to kick off its sales at 9 p.m on the holiday.
On Wednesday, in a coordinated effort to rally support for waiting until Black Friday to open their doors, a group of Target customers, employees and shareholders signed a petition with nearly 212,000 signatures on the site Change.org. The for-profit social change advocate, which earns money from providing services to nonprofits, says âdozens of shareholdersâ have left comments, arguing that the storeâs decision encourages people to work and/or shop on Thanksgiving when they could be at home with their families. A Target spokeswoman says less than one-third of employees will work on Thanksgiving and will receive time-and-a-half their hourly rate, plus additional compensation for the hours worked between Thursday and Friday morning.
But several small shareholders contend thatâs not good enough, according to Change.org. âI bought stock in Target because I was so impressed by the respect and concern they showed their employees and the communities where their stores are located, wrote shareholder Jill Larson, of Minnesota. âI am disappointed to hear about this decision.â
- 2Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 2Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 2Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 2Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4âI Think Iâm Going to Die,â Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen