Europe must press ahead with economic reform, and become more competitive to restore stability and achieve sustainable growth, German chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday.
"Experience has shown you need pressure to pursue structural reforms," she said at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "Unemployment had to hit five million in Germany before there was a readiness to pursue structural reforms."
- 3Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 3U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 3Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 3Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Regionâ€™s Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen