forexsq - Warning bells, alarms scream louder. But our banks and politicians canât hear, are deaf, in denial. Wonât take action ... not until it is too late.
Thatâs the latest from Simon Johnson and Peter Boone in âThe Doomsday Cycle Turns: Whoâs Next?â Who is next? America, Japan, the euro zone are the triple threat next in the line of fire, in danger of collapsing, thanks to a doomsday conspiracy where global âpolitical and financial systems have aligned to build these dangers rather than suppress them.â
Three years ago, the first warning: âThe Doomsday Cycle.â Since then Simon Johnson, former IMF chief economist, co-authored two bestsellers, â13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown,â and recently, âWhite House Burning.â Peter Boone is a research associate at the London School of Economics, which published their doomsday warnings.
In the first they warned: âOver the last 30 years, we have built a financial system that threatens to topple our global economic order, we have let an unsustainable and crazy âdoomsday cycleâ infiltrate our economic system.â This doomsday âcycle will not run forever â¦ The destructive power of the down-cycle will overwhelm the restorative ability of the government, just like it did in 1929-31.â
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 1U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 1U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 1U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 1Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Stocks Extend Six-Year High as Yen Weakens; Bunds Decline
- 2ECB holds rates, looks at back door measure to loosen policy | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen