forexsq - The euro was steady on Monday as traders awaited clarity on when Spain would request a bailout, with little scope of solid news at an European Union summit later this week.
That is likely to check any substantial gains in the euro in the near term. Expectations that the single currency would rally once Spain seeks a rescue package, however, keeping investors from betting against it.
The euro was flat at $1.2945, recovering from a low of $1.2891 on buying by real money investors. Uncertainty about when Madrid would seek financial aid has kept the euro trapped in a range roughly between $1.2800 and $1.3100 since mid-September with option structures below $1.2800 cited.
Euro zone officials said Spain could ask for financial aid from the euro zone next month and if it does the request would likely be dealt with alongside a revised loan programme for Greece and a bailout for Cyprus in one big package. forex
- 3Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 2MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 3U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 3Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 2Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 2Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4â€˜I Think Iâ€™m Going to Die,â€™ Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen