forexsq - The euro held steady against the dollar on Tuesday as cautious optimism that euro zone ministers would release funds to debt-ridden Greece offset a cut in France's credit rating.
Finance ministers meet later in the day to discuss unlocking delayed aid payments to Greece, a day after Athens passed laws to enforce budget targets and appease foreign lenders.
Signs that Greece seemed to be on track to receive the funding supported demand for the euro, which pared earlier losses after ratings firm Moody's stripped France of its triple-A status late on Monday.
Analysts said the cut did not come as a surprise after Standard & Poor's downgraded France in January, and the finance ministers meeting could have a bigger impact on the euro if policymakers fail to meet market expectations.
"Although we know Greece's problems will not be resolved today many people would like to put this particular part of the issue to bed, and there's no guarantee of that," said Jane Foley, senior currency strategist at Rabobank. forex
- 1Minutes Show Fed Leaders Delayed Rate Hike Over Global Risks
- 1Fed awaiting evidence global chill not knocking U.S. off track: minutes
- 1BOE Signals Rate Can Stay Low as Inflation Weakness Persists
- 3Ben Bernanke: More execs should have gone to jail for causing Great Recession
- 3Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Steady
- 3Job growth seen accelerating, leaving Fed closer to hike
- 4Fed leave rates unchanged, FOMC Statement
- 5Retail Sales in U.S. Rise as Consumers Unshaken by Turmoil
- 4Forex : Depth Missing When Needed in $5.3 Trillion-a-Day Currency Market
- 4Oil Price Will Go Lower Than $20, Goldman Says
Follow ForexSQ on Social Networks
adp apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bank of england bank of japan bernanke best forex news boe boj bonds china china economy crude oil currencies currency currency news currency trading dollar dollar index dow dow jones draghi ecb economy economy news egypt eur eur/usd euro euro crisis euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stock markets european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve fomc forex forex news forex trading forex trading news franc fx fx news gbp/usd germany gold gold price google greece grexit imf iphone japan jobs report jpmorgan merkel nasdaq nfp obama oil oil price oil prices opec payrolls pound price of oil putin ruble russia s&p 500 spain stock stock futures stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks ukraine unemployment rate us dollar us economy us stocks usd usd/jpy wall street yellen yen yuan
“Yes, Dollar is stable and fix and it is useful for...”
“there is no gold savior anymore...”
“i think us stocks has bubble these days...”
“Federal Reserve want to have more control on banks...”
“actually forex traders know more about ite...”
“i know grexit will destroy euro 1finally...”
“most of forex traders shocked by euro falling...”
“oil prices will fall down more...”
“unexpectedly good nfp news for US dollar...”
“swiss national bank destroyed the forex market by its false decision...”