forexsq - The U.S. dollar extended gains against the Japanese yen on Friday to hit a session high on expectations the Bank of Japan will be more aggressive in policy easing.
Overall risk sentiment improved, with U.S. stocks turning positive on news that congressional leaders said their meeting with President Obama about the "fiscal cliff" was constructive.
If Congress and the White House cannot reach a debt and deficit reduction deal by the end of the year it will unleash massive spending cuts and tax increases that some believe have the potential to tip the U.S. economy back into recession.
The dollar rose as high as 81.38 yen. It last traded at 81.36, up 0.3 percent on the day, according to Reuters data.
- 2Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 2U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 2Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 2Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Regionâ€™s Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen