The euro briefly tapped the psychologically important $1.30 level on Tuesday after news of a deal to clear the way for Greeceâ€™s next aid payment, while the U.S. dollar largely weakened as investors awaited a clutch of key data.
The euro EURUSD +0.04% changed hands for $1.2973 in early European trading hours, gradually giving up gains seen in Asia and bringing it closer to where it was trading late Monday in North America, at $1.2961.
The brief pop for the euro, which came during Asian trading hours, was triggered by news that Greeceâ€™s creditors reached a long-awaited deal to pave the way for Athens to receive fresh financial aid in the early hours of Brussels on Tuesday.
- 2Ben Bernanke: More execs should have gone to jail for causing Great Recession
- 2Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Steady
- 2Job growth seen accelerating, leaving Fed closer to hike
- 4Fed leave rates unchanged, FOMC Statement
- 5Retail Sales in U.S. Rise as Consumers Unshaken by Turmoil
- 4Forex : Depth Missing When Needed in $5.3 Trillion-a-Day Currency Market
- 4Oil Price Will Go Lower Than $20, Goldman Says
- 4Forex : Which Country WillÂ Devalue Their Currency Next?
- 4BOE Says Global Turmoil Hasnâ€™t Shaken Its Economic Outlook
- 4Australia Labour Force, Unemployment increased
Follow ForexSQ on Social Networks
adp apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bank of england bank of japan bernanke best forex news boe boj bonds china china economy crude oil currencies currency currency news currency trading dollar dollar index dow dow jones draghi ecb economy economy news egypt eur eur/usd euro euro crisis euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stock markets european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve fomc forex forex news forex trading forex trading news franc fx fx news gbp/usd germany gold gold price google greece grexit imf iphone japan jobs report jpmorgan merkel nasdaq nfp obama oil oil price oil prices opec payrolls pound price of oil putin ruble russia s&p 500 spain stock stock futures stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks ukraine unemployment rate us dollar us economy us stocks usd usd/jpy wall street yellen yen yuan
“Yes, Dollar is stable and fix and it is useful for...”
“there is no gold savior anymore...”
“i think us stocks has bubble these days...”
“Federal Reserve want to have more control on banks...”
“actually forex traders know more about ite...”
“i know grexit will destroy euro 1finally...”
“most of forex traders shocked by euro falling...”
“oil prices will fall down more...”
“unexpectedly good nfp news for US dollar...”
“swiss national bank destroyed the forex market by its false decision...”