The euro hit a fresh 14-month high and European stocks gained on Friday after economic data raised hopes that the region's downturn has eased, but moves were limited as investors await a U.S. jobs report.
Euro zone factories had their best month in nearly a year during January although the currency bloc is likely to remain mired in recession for a few more months, the latest reading of Markit's Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) showed.
- 4U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise on J&J, Coca-Cola Earnings
- 4Yellen prepares Wall Street for more wholesale funding rules from Fed
- 4Russia says Ukraine on brink of civil war
- 4Consumer Price Index March 2014
- 4This is the easiest way to pay less in taxes
- 4Ukraine hikes rates in bid to defend economy
- 4EUR/USD Daily Outlook | Top Forex Brokers
- 5U.S. Stock Futures Rise on Citigroup, Retail Sales Data
- 5Citigroup profit rises on smaller loss from troubled assets
- 5Ukraine President threatens military operation as unrest grows
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen