Gold futures slipped on Tuesday, as a ramp-up in pressure on the euro due to renewed concern about Europe outweighed the metalâ€™s safe-haven qualities.
Gold for April delivery GCG3 -0.12% lost $1.70 to trade at $1,674.80 an ounce in electronic trading on Tuesday.
The yellow metal climbed $5.80, or 0.4%, to $1,676.40 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange in regular trading Monday as political turmoil in Europe ramped up, even as the euro fell against the dollar.
- 3Ben Bernanke: More execs should have gone to jail for causing Great Recession
- 3Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Steady
- 3Job growth seen accelerating, leaving Fed closer to hike
- 4Fed leave rates unchanged, FOMC Statement
- 5Retail Sales in U.S. Rise as Consumers Unshaken by Turmoil
- 4Forex : Depth Missing When Needed in $5.3 Trillion-a-Day Currency Market
- 4Oil Price Will Go Lower Than $20, Goldman Says
- 5Forex : Which Country WillÂ Devalue Their Currency Next?
- 5BOE Says Global Turmoil Hasnâ€™t Shaken Its Economic Outlook
- 5Australia Labour Force, Unemployment increased
Follow ForexSQ on Social Networks
adp apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bank of england bank of japan bernanke best forex news boe boj bonds china china economy crude oil currencies currency currency news currency trading dollar dollar index dow dow jones draghi ecb economy economy news egypt eur eur/usd euro euro crisis euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stock markets european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve fomc forex forex news forex trading forex trading news franc fx fx news gbp/usd germany gold gold price google greece grexit imf iphone japan jobs report jpmorgan merkel nasdaq nfp obama oil oil price oil prices opec payrolls pound price of oil putin ruble russia s&p 500 spain stock stock futures stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks ukraine unemployment rate us dollar us economy us stocks usd usd/jpy wall street yellen yen yuan
“Yes, Dollar is stable and fix and it is useful for...”
“there is no gold savior anymore...”
“i think us stocks has bubble these days...”
“Federal Reserve want to have more control on banks...”
“actually forex traders know more about ite...”
“i know grexit will destroy euro 1finally...”
“most of forex traders shocked by euro falling...”
“oil prices will fall down more...”
“unexpectedly good nfp news for US dollar...”
“swiss national bank destroyed the forex market by its false decision...”